Saturday, August 20, 2016

Planning some more

Now we are into the stage of thinking hard and designing. I guess we could have done that before but it is very hot and it is summer. So we consult friends and family and gather tips and ideas. We install Sketchup and look at a friend's shed plans. I even attempt a Sketchup plan of my own but I'm still clicking on beginner tutorials while Michel has mapped out a lovely and precise pencil sketch that is more accurate. Why reinvent the wheel?


I insist on a model or maquette so he obliges with a quick cardboard model. I spend a long time studying windows on other people's studios and on various websites, then we fiddle with bits of paper and decide on the window layout. Well, I also suggested Michel dream on it and I did the same. And in the morning we compared our dreams and they contained the same window/door layout so it seemed like we might as well just go with that. Sometimes it is helpful to use a few psi tools in the creative process.


No comments:

Post a Comment